Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Avatards Sink Titanic


37 days, $1,858,866,889. Avatar has claimed the top spot for the highest grossing movie of all time. Did I mention it only took 37 days? Was it the special effects? The lack of big stars acting in it? The 3D experience? The fact that James Cameron is starting to look more and more like the Quaker Oats guy? Either way, I still have yet to hear a negative word about this movie.

Titanic now rests at the number two spot at a measly $1.84 billion dollars. My question is, how is James Cameron going to outdo himself again, or will he even try?

Since this is a music-aimed blog, I guess I'd better talk about the soundtrack. James Horner was used again for this soundtrack after the success that the Titanic Soundtrack experienced. And yet again, Horner is able to put his brain a hundred and forty four years into the future to put viewers smack dab in the middle of Pandora. Leona Lewis' song didn't quite make the same impression that Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" did, but if I heard Celine Dion's voice at the end of the movie, I might have uncontrollably strangled the guy next to me who had already seen Avatar so many times I could overhear him quoting the movie, but get most of the words wrong, like my mom trying to sing along with the radio in the car.

-JAI

No comments:

Post a Comment